Ps 42
I read this this morning and was blessed and encouraged to place all my hope in God. Trying times are always ahead and when I meet them there are so many paths that would lead me away from my trust in Christ just as there were for the psalmist who wrote this so many centuries ago. Then it hit me, God knew that there would be a day when His children would need this Word so He inspired men to place it in a group of writings or "books" and call it the Holy Bible. But what really hit me was that this is someones memoir. The writer went through this and recorded it as God gave him the inspiration to do so. Of course I have always known this but this morning I was feeling like I was the only one who ever went through it. I was feeling sorry for myself. Yes, I was encouraged, yes, I was strengthened and just as it was for David it was up to me to get myself out of this funk, nobody was going to do it for me. So I sought out God. Isn't it nice to know that Holy Spirit is there to comfort and strengthen us and isn't it even more awesome that our Heavenly Father is there to chastise us when we begin to act like spoiled children and throw our little pity parties? My day is too full to allow me to get in the way of God being glorified. He truly is The Lifter Of My Head.
God Bless and lets look up today, you cant see your future if your looking at the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment